Wednesday, October 2, 2013

LICKING THE SPOON AND OTHER BAD HABITS

What is your worst eating habit? I have plenty of BAD eating habits, not sure which one is my worst tho. Yesterday I was making a very delicious quadruple layered neapolitan birthday cake with homemade butter cream frosting and chocolate ganache.... I licked the freaking spoon... and the bowl.... and wanted to eat the whole freaking cake. I have been told that you should allow yourself a couple of cheats, but on day 2 of your new eating healthy routine.... NOT GOOD. I gave in, I felt pretty bad but I am over it now.

Who hasn't ever eaten off their child's plate? I am one of those moms that will eat the leftovers because why waste food. I bought my girls a couple kids meals yesterday and they didn't finish. I found myself reaching for the bag. I stopped. I didn't give in. Proud moment.

I was taking my youngest to school yesterday and had a crazy thought... "I already licked the spoon and that burrito I had last weekend was way yummy... why not?!"  I found myself in the Taco Bell parking lot. Thank the stars that the drive through line was very long and I was too lazy to get out to go in. I did not give in.... Proud moment.

Eating way too fast is another bad habit of mine. I could probably eat a 5 course meal in like 10 minutes. As long as I could remember, I have always scarfed down my food. I don't know why, but that needs to stop. I found myself doing it again today with my grilled chicken and broccoli, then I got a bad case of hiccups and I slowed down.

Everyone has bad habit when it comes to eating. I am working on changing mine. Not all will happen all at once, it will take time, just like everything else. I am proud of myself for noticing what needs changing and taking the steps to changing it. And for me to be proud of myself... that's something. :)


BTW.... THIS WAS THIS MORNING!!!!!


down 10# since Sunday Night.... :) I am happy, but not going to get too excited until I redo my measurements on next Monday... that's when I will be able to tell! *fingers crossed*And yes.... I still need someone to come paint my toenails, but maybe I will be able to bend over to do my own in no time! LOL

2 comments:

  1. Mine is chocolate and Starbucks..You just have to keep reminding yourself you can have sweets but in moderation. As far as eating off the kids plates. I make them clear there own, so I don't touch the food. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for a blog! Like you, I'm a nibbler when I cook. I lick the bowl, the spoon, the pan. I have a "small bowl" of whatever soup/stew I'm cooking, too. You know, to make sure the flavor is right. (Yeah, right.)

    When I was dieting in 2009, I was very conscientious that fast food was my weakness, so instead of limiting myself those cravings, I would give in occasionally, but I'd order the smallest meal possible and throw out half the fries right off the bat. It sounds silly, but it helped me

    Keep going!!

    ReplyDelete