Thursday, October 3, 2013

LOVING ONESELF

It was brought to my attention that I try to cover up my insecurities with humor. Yes, in fact, I try to make people laugh when talking about myself. It seems to draw attention away from the fact that I am overweight. See right there, I could have made at least a half dozen "funny" comments but I won't. My friend was right. I need to stop with the "funny" because it doesn't build me up. I need positive and I myself am only feeding the negativity. 

So also on this journey I am taking, I will be trying to love myself for all that I am. I may never be stick thin. Actually that is NOT even my goal. I will always be curvy and I need to embrace my curves. Make them work for me. I have always had a bad self image but dammit... "I am beautiful" and eventually I will see that in myself.

Just like losing weight and getting healthy is not going to happen over night, neither is loving myself. I will slip up and put myself down plenty of times, I am sure. I will work hard on stopping that bad habit.

Because truly you can never be loved the way you want to be unless you love yourself.... ME.... Holy Crap, did I just say something profound or was that cheesy as Hell? Ok, I had to put some humor in this piece. 

I want to say Thank You to a great friend Mel. She has the balls to tell it like it is. That is the best thing I love about her. She sent me a message telling me to STOP. So I will, not just because she is right, but because I am sort of afraid of her if I don't! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment